Pork Siew Mai
- 500g Minced Pork
- Tiger Tiger Po-ku Mushroom
- Happy Boy Wonton Pastry
- 1 Medium Size Carrot
- 1 Medium Size Onions
- 2 tbsp Mama Sita's Oyster Sauce
- Magic Sarap Granules
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Supreme Black Pepper Powder (adjust to your preference)
- Chop and prepare the ingredients. Chop the onions and mushroom and set aside.
- Grate the carrot and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine minced pork, onions, mushroom and carrot.
- Add the salt, pepper, magic sarap, and oyster sauce.
- Mix well
- Lay out a wrapper in your palm.
- Scoop about 1 oz of meat filling onto the wrapper.
- With a spoon, push into the centre of the wrapper.
- Compress the meat into the dumpling wrapper by pressing with your spoon, squeezing with your fingers on all sides.
If there's not enough meat, you can add some more and repeat.
- Fill a steamer with about 2 cups of water. Lay out the siew mai on a bamboo steamer.
- Bring the water to a boil, then carefully set the siew mai in the steamer. Cover, and steam for 10 minutes.